Phi Sigma Rho is a social sorority for women in technical studies serving members and the community by promoting:
- High standards of personal integrity, respect, and character,
- Lifelong bonds of sisterhood, and
- Academic and professional excellence with a social balance
Through shared experiences, common bonds, and recognition of service and achievement.
The objectives of the Sorority, which apply to all members, are:
- To foster and provide the broadening experience of sorority living with its social and moral challenges and responsibilities for the individual and the chapter.
- To develop the highest standard of personal integrity and character.
- To promote academic excellence and support personal achievement, while providing a social balance.
- To aid the individual in the transition from academic to the professional community.
- To maintain sorority involvement with the alma mater and the community through responsible participation.
- To maintain the bond of sisterhood with alumnae members through communication, consultation, and participation in Sorority functions.
In addition to the challenging engineering curriculums, many of our sisters participate in the Co-op program with the following companies:
- General Electric
- FedEx Ground
- The Dow Chemical Company
- MSA Safety, Inc.
- Giant Eagle
The sisters of Phi Sigma Rho - Zeta Chapter are heavily involved in hosting and participating in the following campus wide events:
- Phi Rho Your Boat
- Pitt Make a Difference Day
- MLK Day of Service
- Pitt Dance Marathon
- Light the Night Walk
- Relay for Life